Letter from God
Pure Grace Unlimited has embarked upon a new outreach called Pure Grace Bags (to learn more click here). PGBs are gift bags filled with socks, a sweatshirt, some toiletries, some food, and a gift card. We also decided to include a letter from us AND a letter from God.
A letter from God? What?!?!? The following letter I wrote inspired by what the Bible, God's love letter to humans, says. The letter includes footnotes with the Biblical references for the content in the letter.
Dear beloved child of mine (1),
I want you to know that I love you so much (2) and that there is nothing you could ever do that would ever separate you from my love (3). I want you to know that I am not like fallen man at all (4). My love is not conditional (5). I will NEVER leave you or forsake you (6).
I don’t want you to condemn yourself about anything (7). I don’t condemn you. I forgive you (8) and in my eyes you are clean (9) and righteous (10). I have removed your mistakes and sins as far as the east is from the west (11) and I remember them no more (8). Please don’t dwell on them (12) (13) but look forward (14) (13) in faith and in hope (15). I want you to love and forgive yourself (16) (17).
I have great plans for you (18), beyond what you could imagine or think (19). I know you intimately (20). I created you and formed you (21) for good works (22). I know that your heart is hurting. I see every wound and every tear and they are precious to me - something that I record and collect (23). I want to heal your heart and make it whole (24). I want you to give me all of your cares because I care about what you care about (25). I want you to have delight in your relationship with me. When you are delighted in your relationship with Me, all your desires become fulfilled by Me (26). I want you to come to Me and I want to give you rest (27). Rest from the pain, rest from the confusion, rest from the struggle, rest from the loneliness. I am with you always (28).
Abba Father (29)
[Creator God] (30)
Footnotes (TPT = The Passion Translation Bible):
(1) John 1:12 (TPT) - But those who embraced Him and took hold of His name were given authority to become children of God.
(2) John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting Life.
(3) Romans 8:38-39 (TPT) - So now I live with the confidence that there is nothing in the universe with the power to separate us from God’s love. I’m convinced that His love will triumph over death, life’s troubles, fallen angels, or dark rulers in the heavens. There is nothing in our present or future circumstances that can weaken His love. There is no power above us or beneath us - no power that could ever be found in the universe that can distance us from God’s passionate love, which is lavished upon us through our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One!
(4) Isaiah 55:8-9 - “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.”
(5) Romans 5:8 (TPT) - But Christ proved God’s passionate love for us by dying in our place while we were still lost and ungodly!
(6) Hebrews 13:5 (TPT) - Don’t be obsessed with money but live content with what you have, for you always have God’s presence. For hasn’t He promised you, “I will never leave you alone, never! And I will not loosen My grip on your life!
(7) Romans 8:1 (TPT) - So now the case is closed. There remains no accusing voice of condemnation against those who are joined in life-union with Jesus, the Anointed One.
(8) Isaiah 43:25 (TPT) - I, yes, I am the One and Only, who completely erases your sins, never to be seen again. I will not remember them again. Freely I do this because of who I am!
(9) John 15:3 (TPT) - The words I have spoken over you have already cleansed you.
(10) 2 Corinthians 5:21 (TPT) - For God made the only One who did not know sin to become sin for us, so that we who did not know righteousness might become the righteousness of God through our union with Him.
(11) Psalm 103:8-12 (TPT) - Lord, You’re so kind and tenderhearted to those who don’t deserve it and so patient with people who fail you! Your love is like a flooding river overflowing its banks with kindness. You don’t look at us only to find our faults, just so that you can hold a grudge against us. You may discipline us for our many sins, but never as much as we really deserve. Nor do You get even with us for what we’ve done. Higher than the highest heavens - that’s how high Your tender mercy extends! Greater than the grandeur of heaven above is the greatness of your loyal love, towering over all who fear You and bow down before You! Farther than from a sunrise to a sunset - that’s how far You’ve removed our guilt from us.
(12) Isaiah 43:18 (TPT) - Stop dwelling on the past. Don’t even remember these former things.
(13) Philippians 3:13 (TPT) - I don’t depend on my own strength to accomplish this; however, I do have one compelling focus: I forget all of the past as I fasten my heart to the future instead.
(14) Isaiah 43:19 (TPT) - I am doing something brand new, something unheard of. Even now it spouts and grows and matures. Don’t you perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and open up flowing streams in the desert.
(15) Hebrews 11:1 (TPT) - Now faith brings our hopes into reality and becomes the foundation needed to acquire the things we long for. It is all the evidence required to prove what is still unseen.
(16) Mark 12:31 (TPT) - And the second is this: ‘You must love your neighbor in the same way you love yourself.’ You will never find a greater commandment than these.”
(17) Matthew 7:12 (TPT) - “In everything you do, be careful to treat others in the same way you’d want them to treat you, for that is the essence of all the teachings of the Law and the Prophets.”
(18) Jeremiah 29:11 (NASB) - For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
(19) Ephesians 3:20 (TPT) - Never doubt God’s mighty power to work in you and accomplish all this. He will achieve infinitely more than your greatest request, your most unbelievable dream, and exceed your wildest imagination! He will outdo them all, for His miraculous power constantly energizes you.
(20) Psalm 139:1-5 (TPT) - Lord you know everything there is to know about me. You perceive every movement of my heart and soul, and You understand my every thought before it even enters my mind. You are so intimately aware of me, Lord. You read my heart like an open book and you know all the words I’m about to speak before I even start a sentence! You know every step I will take before my journey even begins. You’ve gone into my future to prepare the way, and in kindness you follow behind me to spare me from the harm of my past. With your hand of love upon my life, you impart a blessing to me.
(21) Psalm 139:13-18 (TPT) - You formed my innermost being, shaping my delicate inside and my intricate outside, and wove them all together in my mother’s womb. I thank you, God, for making me so mysteriously complex! Everything you do is marvelously breathtaking. It simply amazes me to think about it! How thoroughly you know me, Lord! You even formed every bone in my body when you created me in the secret place, carefully, skillfully shaping me from nothing to something. You saw who you created me to be before I became me! Before I’d ever seen the light of day, the number of days you planned for me were already recorded in your book. Every single moment you are thinking of me! How precious and wonderful to consider that you cherish me constantly in your every thought! O God, your desires toward me are more than the grains of sand on every shore! When I awake each morning, you’re still with me.
(22) Ephesians 2:10 (TPT) - We have become his poetry, a re-created people that will fulfill the destiny he has given each of us, for we are joined to Jesus, the Anointed One. Even before we were born, God planned in advance our destiny and the good works we would do to fulfill it!
(23) Psalm 56:8 (TPT) - You’ve kept track of all my wandering and my weeping. You’ve stored my many tears in your bottle—not one will be lost. For they are all recorded in your book of remembrance.
(24) Psalm 147:3 (TPT) - He heals the wounds of every shattered heart.
(25) 1 Peter 5:7 (TPT) - Pour out all your worries and stress upon him and leave them there, for he always tenderly cares for you.
(26) Psalm 37:4 (TPT) - Make God the utmost delight and pleasure of your life, and he will provide for you what you desire the most.
(27) Matthew 11:28-30 (MSG) - “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”
(28) Matthew 28:20 (NASB) - teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
(29) Romans 8:15 (NASB) - For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!”
(30) Genesis 1:1 – In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth.